The First Noel
Mula sa Wikipediang Tagalog, ang malayang ensiklopedya
Pamagat[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
- The First Noel
Petsa[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
Kompositor[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
Bansang Pinagmulan ng Awitin[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
Mang-aawit[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
- The Four Aces - (1952) mula sa Decca Records
- Johnny Mathis - mula sa Sony Records
- John Denver - mula sa RCA Records
- Whitney Houston - mula sa Arista Records
Liriko[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
- The first Noel the angel did say
- Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay;
- In fields as they lay, keeping their sheep,
- On a cold winter's night that was so deep.
- Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel,
- Born is the King of Israel.
- They looked up and saw a star
- Shining in the east beyond them far,
- And to the earth it gave great light,
- And so it continued both day and night.
- And by the light of that same star
- Three wise men came from country far;
- To seek for a king was their intent,
- And to follow the star wherever it went.
- This star drew nigh to the northwest,
- O'er Bethlehem it took it rest,
- And there it did both stop and stay
- Right over the place where Jesus lay.
- Then entered in those wise men three
- Full reverently upon their knee,
- And offered there in his presence
- Their gold, and myrrh, and frakincense.
- Then let us all with one accord
- Sing praises to our heavenly Lord;
- That hath made heaven and earth of naught,
- And with his blood mankind hath bought
Mga Talasanggunian[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
- Remembered as the treble part to a carol "Hark, hark the angels sing", according to Annie G. Gilchrist, "Note on the Carol "The First Nowell" Journal of the Folk-Song Society 519 (June 1915), pp. 240-242.