Lili St. Cyr
|Lili St. Cyr|
|Kapanganakan||Willis Marie Van Schaack
3 Hunyo 1918
Minneapolis, Minnesota, Estados Unidos
|Kamatayan||29 Enero 1999 (edad 80)
Los Angeles, California
|Asawa||Richard Hubert (?–?)
Cordy Milne (1936–?)
Paul Valentine (1946–1950)
Armando Orsini (1950–1953)
Ted Jordan (1955–1959)
Joseph Albert Zomar (1959–1964)
Si Lili St. Cyr (ipinanganak bilang Willis Marie Van Schaack noong 3 Hunyo 1918 sa Minneapolis, Minnesota, Estados Unidos – namatay noong 29 Enero 1999), ay isang bantog na Amerikanang istriper sa larangan ng pagbuburles sa Estados Unidos. Noong 2011, napangalanan siya bilang isa sa "100 Hottest Women of All-Time" (100 Pinaka Maiinit na mga Babae sa Lahat ng Panahon) ng Men's Health.
Pamilya[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
Paglalarawan[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
Inilarawan siya ng Men's Health bilang ang Lady Gaga noong kanyang kapanahunan, at iniulat pa ng magasing ito na kumikita si St. Cyr ng halos sa loob ng isang linggo. Ayon pa rin sa magasin, siya ang isa sa mga taong nagbigay ng inspirasyon kay Marilyn Monroe. Isa sa kanyang maaalalang pagtatanghal ay ang pagpapaligong may mga bula habang nasa entablado noong 1951, isang pangyayari na kinahinatnan ng kaso ng malaswang paglalantad ng hubo't hubad na katawan. Ngunit dahil sa eskandalong ito, si St. Cyr ay kaagad na sumikat (o kabaligtaran nito, iyong tanyag ngunit nakahihiya) bilang isang babaeng nagpapalabas na walang kasuotan.
Mga sanggunian[baguhin | baguhin ang batayan]
- Social Security Death Index; Willis Marie VanSchaack; born 3 Hunyo 1918; 553-28-1817
- "Obituary: Lili St Cyr". The Independent. 8 Pebrero 1999. Sininop mula sa orihinal na pahina noong 2007-12-10. http://web.archive.org/web/20071210011225/http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19990208/ai_n14215654. Hinango noong 2007-08-21. "Lili St Cyr was actually Willis Marie Van Schaack, born in Minneapolis in 1918. She adopted a patronymic of the French aristocracy when first booked as a nude performer in Las Vegas, having studied ballet and worked as a chorus girl. She established her reputation as an ecdysiast with a long tenure at the Gaiety burlesque house in Montreal. As the Montreal Gazette was to recall in 1996 when the theatre re-opened, "That midwinter night in 1944 was the beginning of Lili St. Cyr's seven-year reign as Montreal's most famous woman, the city femme fatale, a person whose name invoked sophistication, mystery, sin and - for many males - instant arousal." Among the innovations she brought to her act was a variation in precedence, emerging on stage in minimal attire then putting her clothes on. She also played various characters in order, she said, to present herself in "interesting roles"."
- "Lili St. Cyr, 80, Burlesque Star Famous for Her Bubble Baths". The New York Times. 6 Pebrero 1999. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D01E6DE173BF935A35751C0A96F958260. Hinango noong 2007-08-21. "Lili St. Cyr, the tall, blond beauty who left almost nothing to the imagination when she stepped dripping wet out of her signature onstage bubble bath, died on Jan. 29 at her apartment in Hollywood. She was 80. In a field that began when a Syrian beauty who called herself Little Egypt danced her way into legend at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair, Miss St. Cyr was a master of elegant invention. Her well-choreographed acts included portrayals of famous seductresses, few of whom could hold a candle to Miss St. Cyr. ... For all that, her six husbands included a waiter, a dancer, a sometime actor and the restaurateur Armando Orsini, who got his start with financing from Miss St. Cyr. ... She is survived by a sister, Rosemary Minsky of Los Angeles."
- Barovick, Harriet; Gray, Tam; Lofaro, Lina; Levy, Daniel; Spitz, David; Tartakovsky, Flora; Taylor, Chris (15 Pebrero 1999). "Died.". Time. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,990234,00.html. Hinango noong 2007-08-21. "Lili St. Cyr, 80, B-movie actress and stripper of the '40s and '50s, famous for her onstage bubble baths; in Los Angeles. Long before the advent of Victoria's Secret, St. Cyr ran a mail-order lingerie company featuring, among other items, "scanti-panties.""
- "Lili St. Cyr; Captivating Striptease Artist of '40s and '50s". Los Angeles Times. 4 Pebrero 1999. "Lili St. Cyr, the striptease artist of the 1940s and '50s who mesmerized audiences with her onstage bubble baths and then moved to Hollywood to star in B movies and sell mail-order lingerie, has died. She was 80. St. Cyr, a sexy blond vamp who served as a role model for Marilyn Monroe, died Friday in her Los Angeles home, said her sister, Rosemary Minsky. Born Willis Marie Van Schaack in Minneapolis, St. Cyr studied ballet and worked as a chorus girl before making her breakthrough in vaudeville as an ecdysiast. Her exotic stage name and fame ranked with those of Blaze Starr, Tempest Storm and Gypsy Rose Lee."
- "Lili St. Cyr". Associated Press. 5 Pebrero 1999. "Lili St. Cyr, a striptease performer of the 1940s and 1950s whose act included onstage bubble baths, has died at age 80. Ms. St. Cyr died Friday at her home, said her sister, Rosemary Minsky. No cause of death was given. Born Willis Marie Van Schaack in Minneapolis, Ms. St. Cyr studied ballet and worked as a chorus girl before making her breakthrough in vaudeville as a striptease artist. She performed at burlesque houses from Montreal to Boston, Seattle and Hollywood."
- "The 100 Hottest Women of All-Time". Men's Health. 2011. http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/hottest-women-all-time#ixzz1qiYt1NLN. Hinango noong 31 Marso 2012.