Wikipedia:Help for non-Tagalog speakers
Messages and requests:[baguhin ang batayan]
1963 tragedy[baguhin ang batayan]
I do hope I've come to the right place. I am w:en:User:DuncanHill on the English language Wikipedia. I'm interested in finding our more about the 1963 tragedy in which the Filipino contingent to the 11th World Scout Jamboree died in a plane crash. I know that there is a memorial in Quezon City, and that the anniversary (28 July) is Scout Memorial Day in the Philippines. I have asked about it on the Reference Desks on the English Wikipedia - w:en:ikipedia:Reference desk/Humanities#1963 Philippine Scouting tragedy. Many thanks, DuncanHill 04:43, 28 Enero 2011 (UTC)
- I took the liberty of answering your inquiry on the English Wikipedia. :) --Sky Harbor (usapan) 06:26, 28 Enero 2011 (UTC)
Photo requests[baguhin ang batayan]
Hi! I have some photo requests for areas in Metro Manila:
- Philippine Airlines headquarters - PNB Financial Center Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Avenue CCP Complex, Pasay City
- Spirit of Manila Airlines headquarters - Roxas Sea Front Garden, Roxas Boulevard corner Ortigas Street Pasay City, 1300, Philippines
Thank you, WhisperToMe 10:12, 4 Pebrero 2011 (UTC)
Correction required[baguhin ang batayan]
Hello, I'm w:he:user:פיצקוש, Hebrew Wikipedia. On the list of other Wikipedias on your main page, under category "100,000 mga artikulo", there is an error in the Hebrew (Ebreo) language name (as written in Hebrew), it says ערית instead of עברית. Could someone correct it? thanks.
Maruekos[baguhin ang batayan]
Hi in Filipinas
I am from the french Wiktionary and I would like to know why the Name of the country Morocco have been repaced on the tagalog WP by Maruekos. Thanks Dhegiha (makipag-usap) 20:23, 25 Setyembre 2013 (UTC)
- The country's name in Tagalog is ostensibly from Spanish. However, as you may have noticed, we're dealing with how exactly country names should be translated into Tagalog, and it is a very contentious issue with people on both sides of the argument (some say it should be Spanish, others say English, etc.), so you will see inconsistent place names everywhere for the time being until the issue is resolved. --Sky Harbor (usapan) 00:39, 26 Setyembre 2013 (UTC)
Monuments of Spain Challenge[baguhin ang batayan]
Excuse me for not speaking Tagalog yet.
Wikimedia España invites you to join the Monuments of Spain Challenge. And what’s that? It’s a contest. You have to edit, translate or expand articles about the Spanish monuments and you will be granted points. So you’re not just writing about wonderful buildings: you can get prizes!
The time of the contest will include all October and any information you may need is right here.
Join in and good luck!
PS: We would be grateful if you could translate this note into Tagalog.
B25es on behalf of Wikimedia España.
Welcome Template[baguhin ang batayan]
- Hi, Skyllfully, our welcome template is Padron:Pambati. --Sky Harbor (usapan) 16:08, 29 Agosto 2015 (UTC)
Hoax[baguhin ang batayan]
I hope I've come to the right place. I'm from Indonesian Wikipedia. Apparently, the article about Astro Liecharlie is proved to be false and hoax. User who make this page also create similar pages in other languages of Wikipedia as if the article meet the eligibility criteria, which unfortunately is not. I hope the admins here read this and delete the article. Regards. -- Bagas Chrisara (makipag-usap) 13:35, 24 Marso 2017 (UTC)
Wrong name article with little notability[baguhin ang batayan]
Hello! I'm from Japanese Wikipedia. I was asked by English Wikipedia user to survey whether Marcos Tiago Bernard Rodriguez is a real peason, because this article in English was created by "Japan Football", the blocked user describing many false info. I find that he is a real person, but his full name is wrong (see en:User talk:ElfLady64#Marcos Tiago Bernard Rodriguez). His article in this language was also created by the same person. I want to propose it for deletion because it is next to impossible to establish his notability, or change its name at least. I need help!--SilverSpeech (makipag-usap) 09:30, 23 Pebrero 2018 (UTC)